news and picture three





shay-kumar By Ruchika Kher, Mumbai, Feb 8 : Akshay Kumar is in the mood for intense and dramatic roles and will be seen as a Sikh guy trapped in the patriarchal family system in "Patiala House". He says he accepted the offer as it was completely opposite to his real life story and also because he is keen to change his funny guy image.
"It was a conscious decision to do a serious role because it's been three years since I've done something like this. The last was 'Namastey London'. I've been away from it for quite sometime now and was concentrating on comedy. So I thought of changing focus and doing something serious," Akshay told IANS in an interview.
"While playing the character, I felt that I'm playing what real people go through in life, what circumstances they face. I'm not playing just a role, it is a culmination of the lives of common people out there," added the 43-year-old.
Akshay showed his funny side in his first hit comedy "Hera Pheri", but his comedies like "Action Replayy" and "Tees Maar Khan" bombed at the box office
Set in London, "Patiala House" sees Akshay Kumar's character Gattu trapped etween his dreams and his father's aspirations for
The film has been directed by Nikhil Advani and co-produced by Bhushan Kumar, Mukesh Talreja, Krishan Kumar and Akshay along with his wife Twinkle Khanna.
Akshay says what attracted him to the role was that his life story was completely opposite to his character in the movie.
"My father supported all my dreams. He worked double shifts so that I could train in martial arts. So this situation was completely alien to me. I grew up with love and support from my parents. So that's why it was so endearing to play a son, who forgets his dreams for his father's," he said.
The film that also stars Anushka Sharma and Rishi Kapoor among others will see Akshay sharing screen with his real life mother-in-law Dimple Kapadia. The senior actress plays his mother in the movie and the actor said he had fun filming with her.
"Me and my mother-in-law are quite inseparable. I have more things common with her than Twinkle. Twinkle and I are totally opposite, whereas me and Dimpleji are quite similar," said the actor.
"During the entire schedule, we played cards, fooled around on youtube, she taught me sudoku (number game) and I took her to various places with my son. So it was fun. She is a fun lady," he added.
This is hisfirst film with Anushka and he said: "Anushka has a very vital role to play in the film. She is my shoulder, my brick wall and my unconditional support in the movie. She shocked me on the sets with her expertise. There is no doubt that she will go very far," he added.
--IANS Guess who's invited to Madhuri's dinner? The three KhaNew DelhiIf Madhuri Dixit were to throw a party at home, which three Bollywood stars would she choose to invite
"Well, I guess I'll choose all the Bollywood heroes," said a laughing Madhuri, answering a question from celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor at the launch of his Food Food channel in Hotel Imperial Monday night.
"First, I'll of course choose Shah Rukh Khan," said Madhuri, "because he always praises whatever I do."
"Next, I'll choose Aamir Khan because he is going to analyse my cooking, and then point out how a particular dish could do with a little more of salt, etc. He's the analytical type, you see," reasoned Maduri.
"And then I'll choose Salman Khan because he's simply going to come and ask for the food without any ado."
Madhuri, looking radiant in an olive green georgette sari with a brocade border, is the brand ambassador for the channel, "the first channel in the world to be launched by a chef", as Kapoor declared.
She said she didn't know how to cook when she was full-time into films but learnt after she got married and moved to the US. Madhuri, who has two sons, said she now enjoys cooking along with her husband Sriram Nene and they have parties with friends where they try out each other's recipes.
"We have a lot of fun," she added, saying as daughter, wife and mother she had to balance, like so many women, the demands of a home and a career.
The channel, which Kapoor said would be a celebration of food and associated lifestyle, is a business collaboration between his Khana Khazana India and Astro, the Malaysian company with interests ranging from telecom to media. A.K. Hangal becomes showstopper for designer Riyaz Ganji
Mumbai, Feb 8 : It was a sight never seen before as ailing veteran actor A.K. Hangal 'walked' the ramp in a wheelchair for fashion designer Riyaz Ganji for his summer line here Monday evening.
The 94-year-old actor, famously known as Rahim chacha of "Sholay", came on the stage mounted on a wheelchair wearing a cream coloured dhoti and black coat, to bring the fashion designer's summer collection to a graceful end.
The actor isstruggling to be alive as his source of income has dried up and has very little money left for food or medicine
To help Hangal recover from his illness and improve his financial status, Riyaz donated Rs.50,000 from his side. And that's not all
The designer told IANS, "All the 18 models who walked the ramp donning my collection have also donated 50 percent of their remuneration, amounting to Rs.25,000, for the well being of the veteran actor."
Riyaz will also be auctioning off all his six collections that he displayed on ramp and give all the money to Hangal and his family.
"It was a fantastic show. I have never seen so many photographers and press in my life before, I am feeling great," Hangal told reporters after the show at BKC Trident.
Hangal, a professional tailor-turned-actor, lives a life of penury in his modest groundfloor flat in Saraswati Apartments, Santacruz East. He is unable to afford his mounting medical bills while suffering from old age related problems. Tending to him is his son, Vijay, 75, a former Bollywood still photographer, who had to give up his work due to a severe back ailment.
After hearing the plight of Hangal, many Bollywood celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan c'Faltu's cast to launch music at Bryan Adams' concer
Mumbai,

0 comments:

Post a Comment